Greater Games Gathering

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Greater Games Gathering

3 posters

Flea Market Tables

Kampfgruppe Cottrell
    Kampfgruppe Cottrell
    Gaming Novice
    Gaming Novice

Flea Market Tables Empty Flea Market Tables

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:34 am

Have you guys ever thought about doing a flea market at the con? Maybe reserve a few tables for it and split the tables in 1/2 or 1/4 and charge anyone who wants to do it $5 or $10 for the space. Might be a good way to get people to the show to unload their unwanted stuff along with picking up some hard to find or cheap stuff in between games.

Just a thought,
    Brian
    Wolf 359
    Wolf 359
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Flea Market Tables Empty Re: Flea Market Tables

Post  Wolf 359 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:08 pm

I think that's a great idea, Brian. Mike, what's the word? I saw that 9 people viewed this thread before anyone replied, so what do you guys think?

Kampfgruppe Cottrell
    Kampfgruppe Cottrell
    Gaming Novice
    Gaming Novice

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:29 am

You could even do it free for a hour at the end or beginning of the show. If at the start of the show, this could draw a crowd to it and then entice people to join games and what not since they are already there. At the end of the show would be the same thing, to keep people around until the flea market so they will participate longer then they might have done normally.

We could hit all the boards and even small fliers at all the comic and games shops in the area might draw people in for the sole reason to sell the stuff they don't need or want anymore. I tell ya, because of the economy I bet you get allot of traffic if you get the word out. I will take advantage of it myself because I got a bunch of stuff I want to get rid of and if I have cash in my hand from sales and see someone selling their Nuns with whips and a bad attitude army, cool terrain or model kit I might just spend it.

Everyone wins because all the possible extra traffic paid for a ticket to get in so BANG! were all rich and can hit the dollar menu at Micky D's for a couple days longer then planned.

Brian
    Wolf 359
    Wolf 359
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  Wolf 359 Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:07 pm

I like it. When I gamed in California, the flea markets were held starting an hour before the Con closed, and lasted until an hour after close. This could be an attention gathering part of the day.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:19 pm

I'll talk to the convention center about it and the other board members and see what's up with that. I think it's a good idea.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am