Greater Games Gathering

G3 To Host Swap Meet/Flea Market

G3 To Host Swap Meet/Flea Market

Post  Admin on Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Well, we've talked to the Plano Convention Centre and it's okay for us to run a swap meet. We are still discussing the details such as the times it will be held and what if any fee will be appropriate.

Please feel free to chime in on the subject if you have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Re: G3 To Host Swap Meet/Flea Market

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell on Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 am

That's great! I think that if the word gets out that allot of people will take advantage of this both as customer and seller. I would suggest having it towards the end of the show. I think that more would be inclined to be up later then wake up early to participate.

We will see ya there,
    Brian
    Wolf 359
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  Wolf 359 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 pm

I agree with the swap meet idea. Make sure the announcement is prominantly placed on whatever media used to advertise the event. Make it large on the portal page. A swap meet may just be incentive to get some people to attend.

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:03 am

I'm bring a bunch of stuff and I'm selling it cheap so be sure to swing by. Please be sure to let us know when and how to bring swap meet stuff.

Foundry Nymphs
    AT43
    Pulp Figures
    Classic COC
    General Fantasy
    Battleground WWII
    Reaper
    Incursion
    General Weird WWII
    and some more stuff I don't need anymore

Chompin and the bit for the next con,
    Brian

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 am

So what's up with the flea market? Is it still a go? Time? Can we just peddle our stuff off our gaming tables?

Let me know so I can box it all up or start posting it up on e-Bay.

Brian
    jtisdel
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  jtisdel on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:08 am

Kampfgruppe Cottrell wrote:So what's up with the flea market? Is it still a go? Time? Can we just peddle our stuff off our gaming tables?

Let me know so I can box it all up or start posting it up on e-Bay.

Brian

There's a table set aside for all the flea market/consignment stuff. Process will be forthcoming...

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 am

Any news yet on the flea market?

Brian
    jtisdel
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  jtisdel on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Kampfgruppe Cottrell wrote:Any news yet on the flea market?

Brian

We will have a table set up for the whole day. When you get to G3, stop by the registration table. We will have labels to put on the boxes. You wirte your name and what you want for the product. Then you put it on the table. Folks that are interested will catch up with and work out a price.

So we know folks aren't slipping away with something, you should sign the label when you've made your deal.
    Wolf 359
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  Wolf 359 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 am

What we are going to do is set the consignment table up next to a vendor. We'll be taking turns keeping an eye on things. Group your items as needed on the table. Write your name on an index card, what you're selling, and the price. Anyone interested in any item, just find the seller and pay them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 am