Greater Games Gathering

Lock n' Load Band of Heroes 2nd Edition

g3boss
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Lock n' Load Band of Heroes 2nd Edition

Post  g3boss on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 pm

I just got my pre-order copy of Band of Heroes in the mail JUST now. It smells SOOOOOO good. The components are absolutely beautiful. Dying to try this out.
    jtisdel
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Re: Lock n' Load Band of Heroes 2nd Edition

Post  jtisdel on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 pm

g3boss wrote:I just got my pre-order copy of Band of Heroes in the mail JUST now. It smells SOOOOOO good. The components are absolutely beautiful. Dying to try this out.

So, open it up and give us a review! Wink

Post  InukaiSan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Mine just arrived too (thought I'd ordered the Vietnam version...)

Gotta talk to the person who designed the counters. Obviously don't want color-blind people to play their game.......

So when is "Band of Heroes" Family Game Night ??

Post  Quinn on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Got mine as well, love the production. My only gripe is the glossy cover which wraps around the inside of the box lid a bit makes getting the dang thing open a chore.

The Vietnam version has been out of print for a long time and is in the P500 stage of a reprint but who knows how long that will take. It is however available as a download print and play version I think.

If you like squad level wargames but don't want/need the detail/rules heaviness of something like ASL then this title is perfect.

Post  InukaiSan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:23 am

I was hoping to be able to throw away my ASL. Is the new game a cheaper version of Flames of War then?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:21 pm