Greater Games Gathering

Lock n' Load World at War: Eisenbach Gap

Lock n' Load World at War: Eisenbach Gap

Post  InukaiSan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 am

Just received "Eisenbach Gap", simulation of the Soviet Empire rolling into Germany.

Players play at Battalion or Task Force commander level, each counter represents a platoon (or a flight of helicopters), and 4 Companies or Teams are available per side.

I was hoping for the same quality game as "Band of Heroes v2", but it isn't. The counters are oversized like BoH2, but the writing is still tiny (there are a lot of numbers on each counter, so the vehicle or helicopter pictured (in side view) is very small).

The single folding mapboard is mounted on illustration board, but it's less than 2/3 the size of the total mapboards in BoH2.

The rulebook has only about 5 pages, combat is done by opposed roll. In all the game is like unto the old SPI wargames in quality.

Still not sure whether or not to get the expansion, "WaW: Blood and Bridges", where the American forces in Germany stalled the Soviet advance for 3 days and then died in place (as was their mission back then), giving the British the needed time to prepare to leap into the fray...

I think Mike W was in Eisenbach back then (MWhite, leans back in chair: "Ah yes, this reminds me of a time when.....")

Re: Lock n' Load World at War: Eisenbach Gap

Post  drea_girl on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 am

the way you said all your thoughts
    about that game,,, you seemed to be
    so disappointed about it.... after i've
    read your post here,,, i searched for that
    game,,, this is just my opinion,,, i don't
    like the graphics,,, it looks cheap and as
    a gamer too,,, i think this game won't
    satisfy me....

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 am