Greater Games Gathering

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Greater Games Gathering

+2
Kampfgruppe Cottrell
jtisdel
6 posters

What do you want to see in the next G3?

jtisdel
    jtisdel
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

What do you want to see in the next G3? Empty What do you want to see in the next G3?

Post  jtisdel Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:21 pm

afro So, G3 2.2 is now history - and a good time was had by all. While things went well, attendance was down over G3 2.1. No date has been set for the next G3, but the G3 Staff is already working on it. Be sure to watch here for more info.

In the mean time, here's your chance to chime in - both attendees and those who couldn't make it. What went well? What was a bust? What should be forgotten and what should be done again.

Post your ideas and thoughts here!
    Kampfgruppe Cottrell
    Kampfgruppe Cottrell
    Gaming Novice
    Gaming Novice

What do you want to see in the next G3? Empty Re: What do you want to see in the next G3?

Post  Kampfgruppe Cottrell Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:40 pm

I had a great time throwing some dice and catching up with some old and new pals. I also made over $100 selling off a bunch of my old gaming stuff I no longer needed. I hope this continues to be a feature and having it just on the part of the table I wasn't playing one allowed me to play and answers any question and make the sales with little or no interruption in the game. Seemed like most of the GMs where very friendly and inclusive to anyone who wanted to join the game. I believe this is a must and unless it is very full or a tournament should be understood that anyone who might want to play a game is able to.

I think a massive PR blitz a month and week before the event is a must. With hitting all the game, comic and toy shops in the areas as well as the local high school and college campuses and their gaming clubs. I think TMP and LAF are a must as I ran into 3 or 4 other members and it was interesting to put a face to the names I run across all the time on the boards.

I think if you find and secure a large gaming community then the con can seek out the retailers but I think the flea market will entice people to come just to see if they can find that rare deal or to make some cash on their unwanted stuff.

Like many cons, a showcase game might be a great idea. Maybe a massive game with lots of action and player slots with incredible and one of a kind scenery for it. I might try and attempt something like that in a year or two with a Allied invasion of the Nazi occupied Moon but that's a ways down the line. But with all the nutters I know at G3 there could be some really great and twisted showcase game that will draw folks from all around to check out.

I think if we weather the economy and just keep letting people know of a inclusive, kids friendly and cheap event that sees unique items for sale buy others or themselves, will see it get larger and large each time.

Great fun and thanks for the event,
    Brian
    dflynsqrl
    dflynsqrl
    Mook
    Mook

What do you want to see in the next G3? Empty Re: What do you want to see in the next G3?

Post  dflynsqrl Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:47 pm

I have to agree with Brian that a little advertising might have helped. I probably wouldn't have known about this last one if I wasn't a member of the forum. There was an announcement in the LSHM yahoo group the week of the event, but that probably wasn't enough time for folks to make plans to attend.

I had a great time though. I'll plan to run a game at the next one and leave the rest of my time open to jump in on some other games. Maybe I'll have better luck twisting some of my friends arms to get them to attend.

Rod
    jtisdel
    jtisdel
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  jtisdel Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm

This time round we had issues with the advertising; due to circumstances beyond the board's control we weren't able to do our regular advertising blitz.

At least there will be a better advertising push for the next session.

In the past we've tried both on-line advertising (The Miniatures Page, Fictional Reality, Table Top Gaming News, LSHM mail lists, as well as any specific game forum for games that were run) as well as physical advertising (flyers at the LGS).

What other types of advertising do you think would work?

jmt
    g3boss
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  g3boss Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 am

Facebook advertising is reasonably priced. That's less "targeted" but I think it may be worth while. Also, we need to do something to get card and board gamers out to G3.
    Watcher
    Watcher
    Mook
    Mook

Post  Watcher Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:38 am

We had a great time at the con. Looking forward to the next one. I will be glad to help any way I can.

Love the new look of this site!

Greg
    infotechproximity8
    Mook
    Mook

What do you want to see in the next G3? Empty kf

Post  infotechproximity8 Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 am

Every now and then someone finds something wrong with a WordPress install which, rather than be caused by a bug in WordPress itself, is caused by a server configuration error, an interaction between WordPress and something else installed on the server or is just a recommend optimisation for better site performance.

Everyone has a different set of pitfalls that they have come across and I would like to collect together all these little things into a comprehensive community developed plugin which can hopefully become one of the first “canonical” plugins that we have talked about.

To that end I have developed a framework for this plugin, in the style of a unit test framework, to make it really easy to write tests and I am hoping that some of you will have ideas for tests and also that you will want to get involved.

For a while I have tagged tickets in the main WordPress trac where there are is possible inspiration for tests

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am