Greater Games Gathering

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Greater Games Gathering

3 posters

Are any collectible games actually alive?

Admin
    Admin

Are any collectible games  actually alive? Empty Are any collectible games actually alive?

Post  Admin Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:48 am

Apart from Magic of course, what collectible games are still selling out there? Anyone know?
    Quinn
    Mook
    Mook

Are any collectible games  actually alive? Empty Re: Are any collectible games actually alive?

Post  Quinn Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 am

Monsterpocalypse
    Axis and Allies minis
    Legend of the Five Rings is still kicking I think.
    As far as I know The Spoils is still going but I haven't heard anything about it in a while.
    Shadowfist CCG
    World of Warcraft CCG
    Illuminati New World Order is still selling technically but only as a factory box set.
    Despite WizKids' closure Clix still lives on.
    I'm not sure about Mechwarrior but haven't heard of its demise.
    There's a Conan CCG wallowing around out there I think.
    Spycraft
    Attacktix... I'm sure the list could grow longer but I'm going to stop looking there. Smile

The Call of Cthulhu and Game of Thrones CCGs have converted to a "Living Card Game" format that FFG is trying out. Their Mutant Chronicles game while not completely non collectible now shows you everything in the box upfront instead of having to randomly buy until you get what you're looking for.

Edit: Seems Mutant Chronicles is no more. http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=499

I won't say Collectible games are on the way out. That's been said about every other genre and they all still go on but it's definitely not the big draw it used to be.

Here's a list of games under the Collectible Components category on BGG.
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamecategory/1044
    Wolf 359
    Wolf 359
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Are any collectible games  actually alive? Empty Re: Are any collectible games actually alive?

Post  Wolf 359 Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 am

Though I am about to sell off all of my Mage Knight stuff, I still enjoy a game of MK Dungeon. I'd pretty much play that whenever. Maybe someone should bring it to G3 2.2?

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Maybe that someone could be you, Mark. LOL.
    Wolf 359
    Wolf 359
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

Post  Wolf 359 Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Always a possibility.... I'm planning on running two events, but I could add a third.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:14 pm