Greater Games Gathering

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Greater Games Gathering

2 posters

North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd

jwboone62
    jwboone62
    Mook
    Mook

North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd Empty North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd

Post  jwboone62 Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 am

The North Texas Wargamers reserved the McCallum meeting on the 4th floor of the Frisco Public Library from 10AM to 5PM for Saturday, May 2nd.

This is our second meeting at the Library this year. At the last meeting there in March, thirteen people showed up but the room has enough tables to accommodate another dozen more, at least. There is no charge to attend. We don't provide food or drink but the library has no problem bringing your own as long as you clean up the mess. The room has good lighting and the tables have wheels (that are lockable) so they can be moved around - we just have to reset the room when we're finished.

At the last meeting the following games were played:
    Successors (new edition)
    Twilight Struggle
    1960: the Making of the President
    Manoeuver
    Conflict of Heroes
    Storm Over Stalingrad
    The Napoleonic Wars

We welcome anyone who likes to play board wargames (all types) and the longer strategy type games (Starcraft, Age of Conan, War of the Ring, etc).

Link to Frisco Library page with map link.
    http://www.friscolibrary.com/about/hours_map_tours.htm

Here is the link to view what others have already entered as the games
    they are interested in playing.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rgK8tf8fOc3G2I6Y9ax6aeQ

If you want to add your preferences use this.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cmdLOHRmOGZPYzNHMkk2WTlheDZhZVE6MA..

John Boone
    jtisdel
    jtisdel
    Boardmember
    Boardmember

North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd Empty Re: North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd

Post  jtisdel Sat May 02, 2009 5:50 pm

This is cool! I wish I'd seen it earlier - my Sunday's already booked.

When will it be done again? Cool
    jwboone62
    jwboone62
    Mook
    Mook

North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd Empty Re: North Texas Wargamers - Game day at Frisco Public Library, May 2nd

Post  jwboone62 Sat May 02, 2009 10:35 pm

Another good turn out. We had 12 people show up today at the Frisco Library.

I seen the following games played:
    Age of Conan (Fantasy Flight Games)
    For the People (GMT Games, three different games)
    Unhappy King Charles (GMT Games)
    Warriors of God (MMP)
    Twilight Struggle (GMT Games)
    Fall Blau (playtest of Greg Blanchett's game)
    Neuroshima Hex!

Panzer Blitz 2(MMP) was setup but Nevin's opponent didn't show.

John Boone

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:30 am